This week marks our first ever KO Spirit Week...Purple Power! So I thought today's blog should be all about KO Spirit! If you are a KO member or follow us you know we aren't your average gym. We basically march to the beat of our own drum. There is a lot of things we don't do that separate us from the pack in the fitness world. But it's what we DO do that makes us special, unique, and, to our Knockouts, the best club ever. Look I am not trying to toot my own horn here as the founder of Knockout because if it wasn't for each one of my girls kicking ass and supporting KO, my business and mission would not exist. I realize that I foster the environment that makes KO what it is, but KO Spirit comes from every woman that chooses to walk through our doors each day.
So what is KO Spirit? I'm sure each of my girls have their own explanation for it, but here it is bullet pointed via our Manifesto:
- R.E.S.P.E.C.T. – sing it with us! Knockout’s respect their bodies, training, and others. You don’t have to like something to respect it!
- Smash the scale! Knockout’s don’t rely on some random number to measure their self worth.
- Food is not the enemy! Knockout’s build a healthy relationship with food.
- We are the STRONG! Knockout’s develop both inner and outer strength.
- Don’t live by comparison! Ever. Knockout’s focus on their own goals and we don’t compare ourselves to others.
- Be the best “YOU”! Knockout’s maintain realistic expectations for ourselves.
- Never say can’t! Knockout’s know true confidence comes from overcoming challenges.
- We are REAL women! Knockout’s strive for improvement not perfection.
- Laugh, love, dream! Knockout’s create fun, healthy, and full lives.
- Stay positive! Knockout’s cultivate a strong, supportive, and empowering environment.
Our mission and manifesto challenge women to be their best! We are a no bullshit type of club! If you know me, you know I am 100% real and honest with my Knockouts. I am not in the business of false promises, I am here to help women sift through the load of garbage they are innudated with. At my club, we treat everyone equally and with respect. We want women to feel comfortable and empowered in and out of Knockout. We are on a mission to change the world one Knockout at a time! It's time to start a revolution...be you, be more, be awesome!
KO Spirit is about moving your body because it feels good, it's about cheering others on to be their best, it's about expressing yourself, accepting yourself and others, taking risks and trying new things. KO Spirit is about community, empowerment, and strength. We realize KO isn't for everyone, but if you are sick and tired of fad diets, exercise that is excessive, punitive and feels like a chore, hating on yourself and you are ready for something different...KO might just be what you are looking for!
Attention Blog Readers: from today until June 30th comment below (on the blog here, not Facebook) with what KO Spirit means to you and share this post on social media and get entered to win our KO Summer price package (including a $20 KO gift card and a few of my summer favorite things). Oh and don't forget you must be subscribed to our weekly newsletter too!